Thursday, September 15, 2011

5 for Saturday

I am 4-6 on the season after back to back 2-3 weeks.  This week has several intriguing matchups and I will pick the best matchups.

Thursday

LSU (-3.5) @ Miss St

This is a big game for Thursday night football.  Miss St. was stopped on the goal line with a chance to tie on the final play weekend against Auburn.  Their defense surrendered 41 points which was always going to be a concern when Manny Diaz left town.  I bet against LSU in week one and for Miss St in week two so I'm flip floping here and betting LSU.

Saturday

Auburn (+3.5) @ Clemson

Last year's game was a classic that made people take Auburn seriously.  This year people are expecting or more accurately hoping Auburn will fail.  For the second year in a row Auburn has a chance to prove its detractors wrong.

Tennessee (+9.5) @ Florida

Call me nuts but I think Tennessee wins outright despite going into the Swamp. I have been impressed by Derek Dooley when he's not taking about shower hygenie or comparing his team to Rommel's men.    At the least this game should be low scoring which will help the Vols against the number.

Ohio State (-2) @ Miami

The Ineligibowl presented by Jim Tressel, Nevin Shapiro, and Edward Rife.  Ohio State nearly lost to Toledo last week, but Miami does not overly impress me.  Jacoby Harris was pretty bad last season after a breakout Sophomore campaign.  Is it even a good thing he is back?  We will see, but regardless Miami gets 5 starters back from suspension.  Ohio State is stuck with Joe Bauserman handing the ball off like a Baus, because of a lack of offensive weapons.  This game should have 5 combined turnovers with the defense making plays left and right.  Depsite going to Miami, I expect OSU to have a large percentage of the fans there. This game could go either way, but I think the Buckeyes survive.

Oklahoma (-3) @ Florida State

I do not think that Florida State is quite ready for this matchup.  Oklahoma has superior talent on both sides of the ball and the experience to back to handle this enviroment.

No comments:

Post a Comment