Friday, October 28, 2011

Things We Should Probably Do: Quit Job, Travel World

The Plan:  Build up enough cash to travel the world for 6 months.

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is people that always talk about doing something and never actually do it.  The easiest thing to pick on is people who talk about going on trips somewhere or traveling to Europe.  Some of them may actually get around to following through with their plans but a large majority never fulfill their grand plans.  The last few days I have been thinking about couples who travel the world when they retire.  This is awesome and something I am extremely jealous of, but many people never get to travel properly because they wait until they are too old.  I want to run myself ragged traveling and not be burn out just because I'm old. 

Quitting your job and embarking on this journey is not something to be taken lightly.  It's one heck of a life altering decision to make and its impossibly to say how you will be affected by dropping everything for the sake of adventure.  Will you enjoy every second of your trip?  Probably not.  There are certainly risks in traveling the globe and going to places where you are completely foreign so some bumps in the road are bound to arise.  Will you get burnt out and want to come home?  Possibly.  As someone who has traveled alot for work, it does get tiring traveling all the time.  But, and this is a very big But, if you are with the right people and are exploring new places life is never boring. 

For all that could go wrong on a trip of this magnitude, will it be more interesting than anything else you can do in 6 months time?  Hell Yes.  You could either be sitting at a desk job for 6 months pulling in $30-50 thousand dollars or you could spend 6 months blowing it all and having the time of your life.  I know which one I'm going to choose.  After the trip and for the rest of your life you can make that money back.  Few people would have the courage to provide themselves with the freedom to make this trip and I hope I'm one of them and more importantly, I hope someone else is too.




More details to come in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment