Wednesday, November 24, 2010

5 for Thanksgiving Weekend

31-27-2 on the Season as we go into the final two weeks.  Slight hope remains to catch Lou after two weeks of gaining ground. 

Texas A&M (-3.5) @ Texas  8 PM Thursday ESPN

I find myself ruining for A&M for reasons I can't really explain except that I like some of their traditions.  The 12th man, the bonfires, yelling practices, kissing coeds, and a huge ROTC program.  Texas needs a win to go bowling which is unthinkable for a team coming off a National Title Game appearance.  A&M has been playing well on defense lately and I think that will see them through here.

West Virginia (+2) @ Pittsburgh Noon ABC Friday

See this is why I check the times.  I wrote this game off as a night game then bam it changes Sunday without me knowing it.  My brother and I are now contemplating attending this game.  I know its at Heinz but if any readers think we should still go on our way to more important things let me know.  If Pitt wins they are in great shape to go to a BCS bowl, if not the door opens for ...UConn?  Yes, UConn.  UConn has tie breakers over Pitt and West Fuckin Virginia and would control their own destiny with all teams 4-2 in the Big East.

Auburn (+4) @ Alabama 2:30 CBS Friday

The Iron Bowl has never been bigger for Auburn.  This will be their toughest test of the season and I'm not sure they will survive.  I don't know which way this one will go or even who to root for. Can Auburn really run the table?  I'm thinking no but damn does that spread seem high?  I know that if you are able to watch this game you should because the Iron Bowl takes center stage this year nationally which isn't always the case.

Michigan (+18) @ Ohio State  Noon ABC Saturday

See my article on the rivalry here.  Well it does mean everything.  My brother and I attended our first Michigan Ohio State game last year at the Big House, this year we follow up with going to the Shoe.  Last year didn't go so well but the Wolverines played valiant, and even covered a 12.5 spread losing 21-10.  This year the offense is better and the defense is worse.  Injuries are in full force for a second year in a row but what do you expect when you play Wisconsin the week before.  It's football, It's a rivalry game so anything can happen but Michigan appears over matched.  However, as I said last week I don't think OSU is the best team in the conference.  Who is the best team they beat all year?  Miami? Iowa?  Yes they have more talent than Michigan, especially on defense.  1 player on Michigan's defense would start at Ohio State, and NT Mike Martin has been battling injury most of the season.  The hope for Michigan is their offense where they are going to put up a fight in any game.  It will be a hard fought football game and I'm thankful I will be there listening to Buckeye fans yelling at me instead of the commentators talking about if Rich Rod will be back next year. Denard, please end our suffering and establish yourself as a Michigan Legend.

Florida @ Florida State (-2.5) 3:30 ABC Saturday

Florida State will finally get the job done this year.  The pain and suffering has been long and brutal for Noles fans. What do you know its also been since 2003.  Lift Jimbo up on your shoulders, your suffering is over. 

It's unfair to pick just 5 games for this weekend when so many other ranked teams play each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment