Wednesday, September 15, 2010

5 for Saturday

Last week both Lou and I managed to go 5-0 in college games.  It's a shame we didn't have a parlay in place.   Anyways, don't get used to it but for the season I am 7-2-1.  This week's games aren't as powerful as last but I found some games worth watching and betting on.  All games are on Saturday.

Arkansas (+2.5) @ Georgia Noon ESPN

This feels like a trap.  I'm am going to fall for it anyways because A.J. Green is still out and Ryan Mallet should be able to put up enough points to lead the Razorbacks to victory.

Nebraska (-4.5) @ Washington 3:30 ABC/ ESPN 2

I'm pretty high on Nebraska right now so what the hell.  Locker is going to have to have a game where he lives up to his Top 5 draft pick potential to win this one.

Clemson @ Auburn (-6)  7 PM ESPN

For some reason Gameday is there this week. I think Auburn wins by at least a touchdown.

Texas (-3) @ Texas Tech 8 PM ABC/ ESPN 2

Tommy Tuberville got fired for his failed attempt at the spread at Auburn.  He can instantly become a fan favorite if he hooks the horns.  The offense has remained Leachesque thus far, maybe Tuberville can bring the defense Tech has been missing.  I need to see more evidence though.

Iowa (-1.5) @ Arizona 10:30 ESPN

This folks is probably your game of the week. It's the only one with 2 ranked opponents and smells like a down to the wire game. I got a chance to see Arizona in person this year and was impressed with their improvements on the defensive side of the ball.  The offense however is a paper tiger and struggled against Toledo for a large part of the game. Although I'm not sold on Iowa I think they win on a late field goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment