Friday, October 1, 2010

5 for Saturday

Apologies for the lack of content this week,  I'm trying to get a Rays post up at the airport today. 

2-3 last week marked the first losing week of the season.  12-7-1 for the season is very good but Lou has been stellar so far.  I was going to pick last nights game but it doesn't really matter because it would have been a draw.

Wisconsin (-1) @ Michigan State 3:30 ABC/ ESPN

Old school Big Ten football.  Both teams get a good test this week and the winner becomes a conference dark horse (does anybody see the Bucks losing the Big Ten right now?).   The last visit was a strange one where a coaching error but Bilema cost Wisconsin a chance at a last second field goal ( Pam Ward thought it was 3rd down and they could spike).  I think right now Wisconsin is a touchdown better on a neutral field so I think they prevail.

Texas vs. Oklahoma (-3.5) 3:30 ESPN/ ABC Dallas

Gun to my head I'd rather watch the game above.  This game loses some significance with Texas getting spanked by UCLA and Oklahoma looking Jekyll & Hyde.  Still I'll take Oklahoma to win and bury Texas's chances of winning the Big 12. 

Penn State @ Iowa (-7) 8 ABC

Battle of the two most overrated teams in the Big Ten at the beginning of the season.  I'll take Iowa at home here laying the points.  Penn State will need to open things up on offense a little bit to give themselves a chance.

Stanford @ Oregon (-7) 8 ESPN 2

I really like both these teams right now and its a matter of time before Oregon plays for the title.  The winner of this game should win the Pac 10.  I think it will be high scoring and that's why I like Oregon to cover here but we should see a great game.

Florida @ Alabama (-8) 8 CBS

Probably one of the few times you should watch an CBS night game but I won't blame you for watching the Pac 10 clash.  I will be in attendance thanks to one of readers who is putting me up for the weekend.  I plan on making a full report in these pages on my first SEC game.  For many of the same reason Lou mentioned I like Bama here.  Florida hadn't shown any offense until last week and something tells me them will be in trouble this week.  To beat Bama you need a QB who can pick apart the secondary and I don't think Brantley is ready.  Bama by 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment