Wednesday, October 20, 2010

5 for Saturday

18-16-1 on the season after 1-4 last week.  Need to turn things around this week.

UCLA (+21.5) @ Oregon Thursday 8 PM ESPN

Call this conservative but I have been struggling so I'll take the points here and hope the UCLA that bashed Texas shows up.  If Oregon is held under 42 points I'd feel like I'm in good shape here.

All other games are Saturday.

LSU @ Auburn (-6.5) 3:30 CBS

One of these paper tiger unbeatens will fall this week.  LSU has a defense and no offense, Auburn has an offense and no defense.  I think Auburn is the better overall team, LSU has been lucky and their luck may finally run out this weekend.

Wisconsin (+5) @ Iowa 3:30 ABC

This is suddenly an enormous game in the Big Ten.  The winner is in great shape to challenge for the title.  I still believe Wisconsin is a slightly better football team.  Wisconsin has a deeper stable of backs and should be able to run the ball better and work off play action.

Nebraska @ Oklahoma State (+9.5) 3:30 ESPN Gameplan

I got burned with Nebraska last week giving 9.5, I'll go the other way here.  While I don't think Oklahoma State is as good as their undefeated record shows, I think they deserve a little bit more respect here.

Oklahoma (-3) @ Missouri  8 PM ABC

Suddenly this game is interesting.  Neither team exudes National Title contender at the moment and one will be eliminated from contention after this weekend.  Oklahoma has historically dominted Mizzou and I don't see that changing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment