Monday, June 7, 2010

Consider It History

I'm not someone who usually watches the History Channel.  I'm not one of those guys who enjoys watching the channel over sports or can be found watching the channel for more than a few minutes.  However, yesterday I tuned into the History Channel in observance of D-Day.  D-Day June 6th, 1944 is one of the most important days in the history of the world.  So naturally I expected to partake in a story or two on the History Channel.  Apparently I had severally underestimated the power of reality TV because the History Channel was airing a marathon of Ice Road TruckersIce Road Truckers is fairly self explanitory and now so is the fact that the History Channel sucks.  The least they can do to honor the men who fought and to stay true to their orgin was to air a D-Day marathon. 

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised with channels like Music Television barely revolving around music and Entertainment Sports Programing Network featuring more talking heads then CNN.  I expected more from the History Channel, and was forced to pull out a Band of Brothers DVD to commemorate the day.  Perhaps I should send a calendar to the History Channel and circle dates they can't forget about.

No comments:

Post a Comment