Sunday, January 31, 2010

Live Music in Bars

HUHHHH????WHATTT????? OHHHHH!! YEAHHH I COME HERE ALOT TOO!! We have all dealt with this before. You get to the barrrrr, you're getting a nice drinnnnk, you're sitting downnnnnn, you're gonna enjoy a nice eveninggggg. Next thing you know..."OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH WERE HALF WAYYYY THEREEEEE!!!! OHHHHH OHHHHH LIVINNNNN ON A PRAYERRRRRRR!!! TAKE MY HANNNNNDDDDD WE'LLL MAKE IT I SWEARRRRRR!!!" The bass is way to deep and loud. The drummer is trying to upstage the vocals and guitar by playing too loudly. The vocalist usually just sucks. You thought your fun night of hanging out, busting balls, and work was underway. Wrong. The live music has taken the stage oh my brother. Get me something to be sick in! Whatever ambiance the place had going on has been completely shattered by painfully amateur musicians. They play the same old crap, butcher the good crap, and say things like "do we have eagles fans in the house"??? The same people who enjoy deafening loud music are often attracted to shiny objects and the like. They are stimulated by what stimulates the senses, not the cerebral. These idiots probably enjoyed the 2002 version of E.T. over the 1982 version. I am not trying to sound like a crotchety old man bitching to no end about these damn kids and their music. I enjoy quality live music at a bar, but let me keep my hearing and allow me to hear myself think just a little bit. It doesn't have to be the dance of the living dead, but demonstrate some semblance of skill. I'm not expecting Copacabana-esque performances, but please show me something.

No comments:

Post a Comment