Thursday, March 4, 2010

Musicals

They don't do it for me. I can relate to the nobleman from the above video. There are many long running musicals out there that have brought in millions upon millions of paying customers. There many out there who oppose my view of musicals. This isn't their forum. This is MY forum. And I do NOT like musicals! Every time the plot moves its LA LA LA LA and choreographed dancing and people in costumes. Why? WHY????? All they do is emphasize what just happened in the story...for about 3 to 5 minutes. The singing and such makes me uncomfortable. I don't have the patience for it. I don't need what takes place in the plot to be explained to me via song and dance. Take Westside Story for example. What gangs fight in a choreographed manner? I can't have it. I understand many people like it. As for me, I don't get it. The singing and dancing takes skill no doubt. It doesn't move me. I prefer dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment